Long Lead Times & Packaging Issues
How Dajcor Aluminum helped solve a US Midwest Aluminum Automotive Component Manufacturer’s problems with long lead times, poor delivery performance, poor customer service and aluminum extrusion component packaging issues with their previous Aluminum Extrusion Supplier.
Key Customer Issues:
- Extended lead times of 6-8 weeks from their previous source for extruded aluminum components.
- Poor customer service from their previous aluminum extrusion source.
- Less than satisfactory delivery performance.
- Shipping/packaging issues with previous aluminum extrusion supplier
Dajcor Aluminum Solutions:
- Provided consistent extrusion lead times (2-3 weeks), with excellent on time delivery performance for their aluminum extrusion automotive component requirements.
- Reviewed customer’s aluminum extrusion packaging concerns, changing packaging procedures to increase protection of the extruded aluminum components, while reducing packaging costs.
- Continued to provide outstanding customer service, with prompt attention to their problems and concerns, attentive to their aluminum extrusion supply needs and requirements.
The US aluminum automotive component manufacturer (based in Michigan) was able to reduce their aluminum extrusion inventory costs, as well as minimize their packaging costs for their aluminum extrusion component package, resulting in increased efficiencies and profitability.