Case Study - Bloated Inventories
How Dajcor Aluminum Solved an Ontario Manufacturer’s Problem with Bloated Inventories and Aluminum Extrusion Quality Issues
How to reduce bloated inventories and increase consistency of quality of their aluminum extrusions.
Key Customer Issues:
- Inconsistent extrusion dimension and surface quality issues with previous aluminum extrusion supplier.
- Extended lead times with previous extrusion supplier (8-10 weeks).
- Inconsistent delivery performance from previous aluminum extrusion source.
- Repeated problems with extrusion and anodizing subcontractors and missed deadlines.
Dajcor Aluminum Solution:
- Dajcor conducted a comprehensive review of the entire aluminum extrusion profile package for the Ontario manufacturer, identifying critical profile dimensions, surface quality and fit and function requirements.
- Dajcor committed to 2-3 week lead time on delivery of their satin clear anodized aluminum extrusion requirements, allowing the manufacturer to significantly reduce minimum inventory levels.
- Dajcor Aluminum’s in house aluminum extrusion, fabrication and anodizing capabilities eliminated the manufacturers subcontracting headaches and allowed customer to deal with one source – Dajcor Aluminum – for their fabricated and anodized aluminum extrusion requirements.
- Dajcor maintained excellent on time delivery performance to provide customer with high level of confidence in the supply of their aluminum extrusion requirements.
The Ontario manufacturer (and satisfied Dajcor Aluminum customer) was able to reduce inventory levels by 70%, significantly reducing their aluminum extrusion inventory costs, while improving delivery performance to their large base of customers.