About Dajcor Aluminum
From the ashes of the financial crisis of 2008-2009, the assets of Daymond Aluminum were purchased by 3 Chatham businessmen with one common goal - to restore this once proud company to a world class supplier of value add Aluminum extrusions, and reestablish the fundamentals that made the Chatham Kent operation successful for several decades: reasonable lead times, consistent quality and excellent customer service. On April 30 2010 Dajcor Aluminum was born.
The origination of the Dajcor name has deep rooted meaning and is a proud symbol of the family atmosphere that Dajcor Aluminum prides itself on. The first 3 initials of Dajcor represents the first initials of the 3 daughters of our President Mike Kilby: Danielle, Alyssa and Justine - A meaningful name for a proud family organization.
Dajcor Aluminum is located in the beautiful city of Chatham-Kent, 80 kilometres east of the largest border crossing in North America. Situated centrally in the industrial heartland, Dajcor Aluminum is excellently positioned to supply extruded, fabricated and anodized aluminum components to the US and Canadian marketplaces.
A true Chatham-Kent and Canadian success story, Dajcor Aluminum continues to invest in equipment and human capital to manage our growth narrative, while continuing to maintain the key business fundamentals that drive our business philosophy: excellent quality and world class customer service, with the goal of becoming the best supplier of value add extruded Aluminum components on the planet.
The company has grown to 246 employees to meet the labour demands created by a $10.2 million expansion in 2016. The expansion included adding new state-of-the-art fabrication equipment to increase capacity and efficiency, and enable the company to expand into new markets with more technically demanding components.
Dajcor Aluminum Ltd. is a value-added extrusion supplier, focused and driven by the simple edict, “Take Care of the Customer”. With extrusion, fabrication and anodizing capabilities all under one roof at our 190,000 sq ft Chatham facility, Dajcor is committed to delivering quality extruded components, on time, at a competitive price – your “One Stop” extrusion supplier! Dajcor Aluminum is committed to manufacturing excellence, quality and the highest standard of customer satisfaction. This commitment will be achieved through continuous improvement of business practices, innovation, participative management and employee involvement.
As an ISO 9001:2008 certified manufacturer, Dajcor Aluminum Ltd. is committed to providing the highest quality extruded aluminum components along with outstanding customer service. Our skilled and seasoned personnel know what it takes to satisfy this commitment.
- Plant: 190,000 SQ.FT. On 20 acres
- Presses: 9" 2800 ton - up to 11" CCD, 7" 1650 ton
- Design: Design CAD for layout and die prints, extrusion design, Fabrication and assembly
- Anodize: Etch and clear satin finishes including electrolytic colour up to 28’0”. Chemically bright finishes in a wide range of colours up to 12’6” lengths.
Dajcor extrudes primarily 6000 series alloys, 6063, 6463, 6061, 6005
- Dajcor provides quality extruded parts at competitive prices and offers quick turnaround times.
- Our design staff and skilled workforce excel in designing and manufacturing the most complex of extruded products.
- Our Dajcor team will help reduce costs in post extrusion fabrication and machining, by incorporating features that result in the more efficient manufacturing of your components.
- Dajcor takes responsibility for your parts from conception through extrusion, fabrication, and anodizing, to shipment to your facility. By providing all these services under one roof, Dajcor eliminates the problems of subcontractors within the supply chain
- Dajcor has full in-house fabrication capability, avoiding the costly delays and additional material handling required by subcontracted fabrication services.
- Numerically controlled machining centres provide state-of-the-art capability for a wide range of precision production machining, Complete fabrication services include special tolerance cutting, mitring, notching, piercing, forming, bending, mechanical assembly and welding.
- Dajcor offers etch and clear satin finishes, including electrolytic colour anodizing, for lengths up to 28’. Many of our anodize finishes are approved to various automotive and military anodize standards.
- Dajcor also offers chemically bright anodizing in a wide range of standard and specialty colours, processed with our state-of-the-art automated anodize line, handling lengths up to 12’6".
- Dajcor provides mechanical finishes such as buffing, brushing and deburring to complement our chemical finishing capabilities
Developed by the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC), Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design (LEED) is an internationally recognized green building certification system. This program proves third party that a building has been constructed using environmentally friendly strategies, such as energy savings, water efficiency, CO2 emissions reduction, and improved indoor environmental quality.
LEED program provides building owners and operators a concise framework for identifying and implementing practical and measurable green building design, construction, operations, and maintenance solutions.